Dell Service Tag Support
Dell service tag is a unique number which is assigned to all the Dell products which are available at the back, side or bottom of the product. It is important to have a unique identity for each dell product in case you need help regarding your Dell product through a service provider. The Dell service tag also helps you to identify your Dell product in case of online support and drivers. It can also be used to change the Dell laptop computers password. There are millions of Dell devices available in the world which belongs to different users and sometimes they need online support in case of issues occurring in the Dell devices. To identify which Dell product belongs to which user, the Dell service tag is used, and it makes the Dell product of a particular user different from all the other Dell devices. Whenever you visit a Dell service center along with your Dell gadget in case of an issue, then you have to leave your product for some days and when you come back again to collect your device. It is recognized with the help of its Dell service tag which is a unique number available somewhere on your Dell product. If you need further information about the Dell service code or the service tag Dell, then contact the Dell service tag support with the help of Dell service number.
How to lookup Dell service tag from the Dell service tag command line?
Whenever you think your Dell laptop or computer is going to crap out, the first thing you have to perform is the Dell service tag search. Once you find the Dell service tag, then you have two options to use it. The first option is to hand over the Dell service tags to the support representative over the call. The second option is to enter Dell service tag on the support website of Dell.com service tag. You will get few options given by the Dell service tags:
- Model Number
- Dell PC Diagnostics Online
- Warranty Information
- Original & Current Configuration
- HTML & PDF Manuals and the User Guides
- Compatible Hardware Upgrades
The Dell service tags consist of 5 to 7 alphanumeric character code that identifies your product uniquely to the Dell. It is basically written on a small sticker that is pasted on the rear of a service or the back of the Dell computer. The problem that occurs while the Dell service tag check is reading what is written. It is tough to read the characters of the Dell service tag look up. It is even harder to read it when the light is dim or the Dell computer is placed on a small desk. In place of arranging the office appliances to see the Dell service tag, you have the option to use the Windows Management Instrumentation Command Line which is in-built. It will help you to retrieve the Dell service code from the Dell service tag command line directly. If you want to see the service tag of the local Dell computer from the Dell service tag command line, then launch the command prompt and write:
Wmic bios get serialnumber
Dell Service Tag Lookup Tool
Every Dell product, whether it is a handheld, laptop, workstation or TV, it has a Dell service tag connected to it which is important for different support requests available on the homepage of the Dell and through the Dell service tag number lookup also. It is basically not an issue to place the service tag on the product if the product is in front of you, it can be a problem if the product is not in front of you. It may be possible that you are an IT worker at a corporation and you get a support application from some other building, floor or even state or a city.
- While you attempt to get the user to search for the service tag on the product, you might have to retrieve the Dell service tag by your own that is present on the Dell product.
- It is the situation where the Dell service tag lookup came into existence. It is a very simple tool for Windows computers that can lookup Dell service tag on any machine present over the local network.
- You should know that it only works for those products that are attached to a network and it does not include computer monitors, televisions, and other products that have no network options present in them.
- Whenever you start the Dell service tag lookup tool, you will see a single key. You have to type the name of the computer of the Dell machine here and then press the Lookup Service Tag.
- The tool will get attached to some other machine, and it will retrieve the Dell service tag of that machine for you. So, you are suggested to use the tool first. If the tool could not be able to retrieve the service tag, then you have the option to ask the customer for it or get the info yourself.
- At the Virus Total site, a test will be detected, and it will hit the various engines of the virus of 44 types. It may be a false positive.
- The Windows customers have the option to download their Dell service tag lookup tool present on the site of the author over at the Danusoft. The Dell service tag lookup tool is compatible with the latest editions of Windows operating system such as 64-bit and 32-bit editions.
The Dell service tag is essential for the online support of your Dell product that you get through the Dell authorized service center by placing a call to Dell service number. You can even use the Dell lookup service tag if you are looking for how to find Dell service tag. In case of an issue, you are free to make a Dell service request to the Dell services with the help of Dell service tag number lookup.
How to find Dell service tag number?
If you are looking for how to find Dell service tag, then you need to follow some simple and useful steps to obtain the serial number and lookup the configuration of your system. In case of any information, you need to contact the Dell service tag support by calling the Dell service number. We will discuss the full process here also which you have to follow to get the serial number of your Dell computer.
Get the Dell Service Tag or Serial Number
The serial number or the Dell service tags are present on the bottom of the Dell computer. If it is absent, not readable, or scratched off, then there is an automatic solution to get it up.
If you have purchased the Dell computer used on Craig’s List, eBay, from a pawn store, or some other source with an unknown history, then it might be possible that the Dell service tag of that product is not correct. If you have swap out the motherboard, then it may not be possible to know the serial number until and unless you follow the steps given below:
- Enter CMD and tap Enter from the Start Menu.
- Once you reach the Command Prompt, enter: wmic bios get serialnumber
- Tap Enter
- The Dell service tag number will be displayed now.
Lookup the Configuration of the System
On the basis of the serial number of your computer, you can look up for the configuration of the system on the website of Dell. The original configuration of the system can be revealed by a quick lookup. There is also a utility present on the website of the Dell. It will scan your computer and provide you the latest configuration information.
- Visit the link to the official Dell support website.
- Once you get the text “Express Service Code or Enter Service Tag”, then type the Service Tag here.
- Press Submit.
- There is a lot of information present on the resulting page by tapping the different links and tabs.
The customers who are using a Dell laptop or computer must be knowing the Dell service tag. A Dell service tag is used to recognize the information about the Dell system hardware. It helps you to search for the system support easily such as the Dell service tag drivers and much more. The customers can easily find the Dell service tag present on the back of the Dell product. If you need further information about the Dell service tags, you need to contact the Dell service tag support by placing a call to the Dell service number. The support executives available at the Dell authorized service center will provide you the details of the Dell service tag through the Dell service tag number lookup. Once you get the service tag, you just have to enter Dell service tag on the support website of Dell. Dell service tag is a unique serial number present on every Dell product that helps you to identify your Dell device.